LEED Gold Certified
- Seven trees were planted.
- Native plant types were used, including fig ivy, bicolor iris, and Asian jasmine.
- The project avoids annual planting.
- Due to the existing steel structure, the ground could not be permeated for necessary soil depth. Trees are planted in giant planter boxes and camouflaged with topiary structures to add more greenery to the site.
Carbon, Energy + Air
- A water feature was introduced to reduce temperatures.
- The planting strategy reduces temperatures in urban areas.
- During construction, pollutants were controlled and retained.
- There was an increase in the property value due to project installation. The project creates a visual and physical amenity for the building.
- The project provides optimal site accessibility, safety, and wayfinding.
- The project provides benefits beyond its footprint, acting as an outdoor destination which is frequented by those working in downtown.