- The design was very sensitive to the existing wooded area on the campus. With a light hand, the design leads the visitor down a line to a circular seating space. A small footprint of 2,400 SF activates and enhances the beauty of the 60,000-SF context.
- 229 trees protected on-site.
- 29 eastern redbud trees planted, which are native to the region.
- The project avoids annual planting.
- 97% permeable surfaces.
- The trees can intercept 114,500 gallons of water, which are equivalent to the water usage of 115 Americans.*
Carbon, Energy + Air
- The project uses materials local to Houston including limestone, concrete, and gravel.
- The trees sequester 24,480 pounds of carbon annually.**
- The garden is low maintenance offering longevity and cost savings to the client.