Located in Houston, TX.
OJB, an award-winning landscape architecture design practice, seeks an Accounting Manager for our Houston office. The Accounting Manager oversees and manages general accounting functions including but not limited to Billings, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables, Project Accounting and Payroll. The Accounting Manager assists with the monthly closing process, reconciliations and financial reporting. The Accounting Manager will be a critical participant in an upcoming accounting platform migration for the Company. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Support monthly invoicing cycle by preparing monthly invoices, billing statements, reports, etc. using accounting system (Ajera or Deltek VantagePoint)
- Support monthly payables cycle by collecting invoices from vendors and consultants, coordinating approval with firm leadership and transmit for processing and ensure payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Manage accounts receivable collections
- Reconcile bank accounts, verify deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconcile cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger.
- Review team timesheet submittals and follow up on missing timesheets
- Review team expense report submittals and follow up with team members on missing information.
- Set up and maintain projects in project accounting software
- Prepare monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements accurately and in compliance with GAAP standards
- Proactively liaise with outside CPA for timely preparation of returns
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization
- Serve as an accounting liaison with the staff and leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 5+ Years of Employment with Professional Services Corporation, preferably within the Architecture + Engineering profession
- Advanced computer skills and experience with MS Office, particularly Excel, and accounting software – Deltek Vision, VantagePoint or Ajera experience required.
- Comprehensive understanding of and the ability to comply with generally accepted accounting principles
- Working knowledge of FAR and CAS
- Experience with Accounting platform migration preferred