Looking for IT Manager based in Houston.
OJB is an award-winning landscape architecture design practice with locations in Texas, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and California. We are committed to delivering world class projects by equipping our team with the most advanced digital technologies available. Our goal is to create an ecosystem that aligns our progressive approach to design with the most advanced and innovative technical design tools used in every phase of the design process, from conveying conceptual ideas to final construction drawings.
The IT Manager will administer OJB’s IT program and will support the OJB Technology Team by positioning OJB at the forefront of the industry via cloud solutions, collaboration and communication tools, emerging technology, and more. The IT manager will also manage a 3rd party provider to ensure they provide expected value and will also source additional external solutions and/or consultants as needed. This position is based in our Houston, TX office and reports to the Design Technology Director.
- Serve as main point of contact with the 3rd party IT Provider.
- Review and approve all invoices from the IT Provider. Track and analyze spend quarterly.
- Be the decision maker for technical support desk issues requiring input.
- Review technical support ticket portal daily/weekly to ensure timely response.
- Evaluate the current cybersecurity plan and identify new threats on a quarterly basis.
- Provide training to those who failed mock phishing email testing.
- Administer IT onboarding for all new hires.
- Host monthly presentations on IT awareness and training.
- Update and maintain an internal SharePoint page of IT resources.
- Travel regularly to each office to establish/maintain relationships, provide face to face support, check inventory, run diagnostics, etc.
- Continuously seek ways to increase value and optimize costs for hardware or services.
- Manage new computer setups and reassignments.
- Manage software license assignments.
- Coordinate software subscription renewals quarterly.
- Track hardware and software usage and costs yearly.
- Audit redundant and duplicate data on server and cloud. Evaluate storage space needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or another related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a technology role.
- Experience working in a technology role within the AEC or design industry.
- Experience administering software within the discipline of Landscape Architecture, such as AutoCAD, Rhino, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion, SketchUp.
- Experience with support desk ticketing systems, cybersecurity protocols, cloud and server data infrastructure, hardware and software acquisition and license management.