Landscape Architecture Internships
OJB, an award-winning landscape architecture design practice is seeking Design Interns to work in our Houston, Dallas, Solana Beach, Philadelphia and Boston studios. Our clients include internationally acclaimed architectural firms, Fortune 500 companies, private developers, municipal governments, non-profit agencies, and private citizens.
The Design Intern will work with a team of dynamic and highly creative professionals, assisting with all aspects of work. Our Interns are fully integrated into our project teams, from research to design, to drafting and rendering. We are looking for ambitious, creative forward thinkers to contribute to our team. If this sounds like you, we would love to meet you!
- Assist in completion of landscape design projects
- Complete tasks and follow instruction provided by supervisor
- Assist in drafting the layout of projects in collaboration with the Landscape Architect
- Assist in preparing landscape architecture project plan sets using the requisite software
- Work closely with the Landscape Architect and other team members to produce construction drawings
- Make corrections to plans based on the redlines provided
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, modeling, and 3D image formats
- Production and coordination of design process and technical documents under the direction of a licensed design professional
- Creation of 3D visualizations using various modeling software
- Design and detailing in AutoCAD
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Working towards or recently completed a bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or related field, such as Urban Planning, Architecture, etc.
- Proficient in design software including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Lumion and 3D modeling software such as Rhino, Sketchup
- Self-motivated team player with attention to detail, and willingness to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Project Management, organization and time management skills, and an ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work samples in one PDF not exceeding 10MB to email@example.com.