Landscape Designer – Residential
- BA or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Horticulture or related field
- 2-7 years of experience in a similar role
- A background with residential projects required
- Experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and MS Office.
- Must have regional plant knowledge with a focus in Sothern California coastal and desert climates
- Understanding of construction administration process
- Proactive and self-starter
- Excellent communication skills and ability to understand and respond to client needs
- The ability to work on all aspects of a project, from initial client meetings to execution
- Employment history in a fast-paced, design-driven studio environment preferred
- Experience working with project teams to produce documents for complex projects
The Landscape Designer works independently with oversight from the Principal, Director or Senior Associate. The Landscape Designer is responsible for residential landscape architectural design projects with demonstrated success in:
- Project Design
- Project Development
Roles + Responsibilities
- Preparation, coordination and completion of design and construction document packages
- Development of creative technical solutions
- Coordination of sub-consultants
- Development of project specifications
- Participation in project meetings and demonstrates competent understanding of assigned projects
- Assisting with preparation of client presentations, plans, design studies and drawings, construction documents with support
- Assisting with preparation of site analysis and conducts technical research as directed
- Identifying and escalating project and client issues in a timely manner
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
OJB Landscape Architecture offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Optional participation in 401K retirement program
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format not exceeding 10mb in size to the following email address: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.