OJB*lab Sustainable Design Specialist
- Houston, TX
Located in Houston.
OJB*lab leads and supports OJB projects through metric-based sustainable strategies to improve the impact of design landscapes to our climate. Our team focuses on applied research, serving as an incubator of innovation in holistic wellness and nature based solutions that create resilient and enduring landscapes.
The Sustainable Design Specialist is a part of the OJB*lab team and supports OJB’s design ethos by using a variety of research methods to analyze, report and recommend sustainable design best practices for the firm. They are responsible for contributing meaningful design solutions for our projects, producing client presentations, and delivering project document packages. The role will be a combination of project work and sustainable design research, data collection and distillation, as further described below
Ideal candidates include the following:
- BA in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Environmental Science or Environmental Design
- 2+ years of professional experience in Environmental Science, Environmental Design or Landscape Architecture
- Experience working on sustainable projects pursuing certification such as LEED, LBC, SITES, WELL and fitwel
- Technical proficiencies include 3D Modeling, Grasshopper/Ladybug, GIS, Land F/X, CAD, InDesign, and Excel.
- It is strongly preferred, but not required, that the candidate can work in OJB’s Houston, TX office.
OJB Landscape Architecture is an award-winning design practice with locations in Boston, San Diego, Houston, Dallas and Philadelphia. Our work includes the design of urban parks, academic institutions, healthcare campuses, workplace environments and landscape master plans for internationally-acclaimed architectural firms, Fortune 500 companies, private developers, municipal governments, non-profit agencies and private citizens.
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
OJB Landscape Architecture offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Optional participation in 401K retirement program
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format not exceeding 10mb in size to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that resume submissions without work samples will not be considered. No phone calls, please.