Public Realm Design Specialist
- Dallas, TX
OJB, an award-winning landscape architecture design practice with locations in Texas, California, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts seeks a Public Realm Design Specialist for its office in Dallas. OJB is committed to providing a full range of design and consulting services to our clients. Our clients include internationally acclaimed architectural firms, Fortune 500 companies, private developers, municipal governments, non-profit agencies, and private citizens.
OJB is committed to equitable practice, and we attained a Just 2.0 label, a program launched by The International Future Living Institute, in 2022. Learn more about the label and our social justice and equity practices at www.ojb.com.
The Public Realm Design Specialist demonstrates growing knowledge of the principles of urban planning including design, site analysis and planning, research, and placemaking. The Public Realm Specialist is developing their knowledge of principles of programming and activation, revenue generation, operations, maintenance, and governance. The Public Realm Design Specialist works closely with and is overseen by the Principal, Public Realm Strategies. The Public Realm Design Specialist demonstrates increasing competency in graphic design using OJB tools and technologies and assists in the creation of project documentation deliverables. This position is located in OJB’s Dallas studio and reports to the Principal of Program Development.
Roles + Responsibilities
- Works under the direction and oversight from
- Proficient in OJB Processes & Standards (drawing conventions, file management, time reporting).
- Required software for the role includes InDesign, AutoCAD, and Arc GIS, with Excel and VectorWorks preferred.
- Participates in project meetings, produces accurate meeting minutes, and demonstrates
competent understanding of assigned projects and clients.
- Assists with preparation of client presentations, plans, and diagrams to include annual operating budget forecasts, organizational charts, and staffing structure.
- Assists with preparation of site and community analysis and conducts technical research as directed and required by projects to include case studies and benchmarking park projects.
- Identifies and escalates project and client issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for 1-2 special projects (technology, office management, file management etc.)
- Assists in training interns.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or related field.
- 1-5 years of experience in Urban Planning, Landscape Architectural or Architectural Design field.
- Required software for the role includes InDesign, AutoCAD and Arc GIS, with Excel and VectorWorks preferred.
- Experience in an Architectural, Landscape Architectural or Design firm a PLUS.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving skills, and ability to comfortably speak with clients.
- Organization and time management skills, including an ability to manage and prioritize competing assignments.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.