Senior Administrative Assistant
Located in Solana Beach, CA.
OJB, an award-winning landscape architecture design practice, seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant for our office in Solano Beach, California. The Senior Administrative Assistant will support the Partners (executive team) of the Firm to help coordinate the essential activities of the business. This role will employ strategic-thinking, business acumen and emotional intelligence as the executive team’s ‘trusted counsel’.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and facilitate meetings involving the executive team ensure that meeting preparation is appropriate, and that the executive team is well-prepared so that the team’s time is leveraged most effectively in a meeting context.
- Manage the schedules and calendars for the executive team of the company and ensure deadlines are being met; record meeting details and keep careful track of commitments and schedules, including coordinating meetings and travel.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of critical path projects in which the executive team is especially interested and/or for which their awareness and involvement is essential.
- Handle information of a highly confidential and critical nature appropriately.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the executive team and provide assistance as needed.
- Obtain, assemble, and analyze information and data from a wide variety of sources in order to prepare presentations reports, agendas and correspondence. Ensures accuracy of outgoing material.
- Compose and edit professional correspondence, and other communication materials.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Interface with staff at all levels of the organization as well as clients and partners.
- Assist with and coordinate responses to Request for Qualifications (RFQs and Request for Proposals (RFPs) as needed.
- Coordinate special projects (team events etc.).
- Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic and phone communications.
- Provide general administrative support for the office and ensure office supply, food and beverage inventories are maintained.
- Confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, and persistence are essential qualities in executing this role.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including intermediate-advanced skills with Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe InDesign is preferred.
- 5+ years administrative experience required, previous experience supporting C level executives is ideal.
- Ability to appropriately handle critical information and sensitive situations in a timely manner.
- Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and customer service oriented.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and external contacts; ability to work as an effective team member.
- Strong level of initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
OJB Landscape Architecture offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Optional participation in 401K retirement program
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format not exceeding 10mb in size to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.