- San Diego, CA
Located in Solana Beach, CA.
OJB is an award-winning landscape architecture design practice with locations in Texas, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and California and we are seeking a Civil Engineer to join our Solana Beach, CA office. We are seeking a driven and detail oriented Civil Engineer. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in all aspects of site design, including grading, erosion control, storm drainage, water and sewer utilities, and other related site improvements for complex landscape design projects across multiple typologies (urban open space, mixed use, corporate and educational campuses, etc.).
OJB is committed to equitable practice, and we attained a Just 2.0 label, a program launched by The International Future Living Institute, in 2022. Learn more about the label and our social justice and equity practices at www.ojb.com.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited College/University.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- 5 to 10 years of experience specifically related to site design.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated to successfully interact with clients, regulators, the public and design team members.
- Ability and desire to collaborate with designers, architects, clients, and regulatory agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform site design from conceptual through construction document phases utilizing AutoCAD software and Civil 3D.
- Design and produce civil engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents for general civil, including site layouts, horizontal and vertical control, grading and drainage, paving, street improvements, site utilities, and associated civil engineering activities.
- Perform complex assignments exercising judgment in evaluation, selection and modification or standard engineering techniques and procedures.
- Make decisions on significant design and engineering procedures as needed.
- Function as technical specialist with the opportunity to manage projects as needed.
- Perform design calculations (i.e., water, sewer and storm drainage hydraulic modeling, SCMs, erosion control, etc.) and prepare report figures and exhibits.
- Perform review of drawings, specifications, calculations, and other engineering documents.
- Generate correspondence, attend meetings, and serve as a point of contact for clients, review agencies, contractors, the public, and design team members.
- Prepare, submit, and track required site and utility permits.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow highly complex written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering and utilities operations as applied to the development, design, and construction.
- Knowledge of current codes and regulatory standards governing the state’s building construction industry.
- Skill in operating various specialized software and office equipment, e.g., large format plotters, AutoCAD-Civil3D, Hydra flow, Bentley Water CAD, Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Highly skilled with CAD and/or BIM software.
- Experience developing engineering documents and specifications.
- Experience in preparing SWPPP plans.
- Experience using hydrology software, Preferably HydroCAD.
- Experience using Storm Sewers in Civil 3D.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D modeling components including setup and use of alignments, profiles, surfaces, assemblies, corridors, and pipe networks, Hydraflow.
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.