Located in Houston, San Diego or Boston Offices.
Award-winning landscape architecture design practice with locations in Texas, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and California seeks a Marketing Manager for the Houston, Boston or San Diego office. Our clients include well known architectural firms, private developers, municipal governments, college and universities, companies, and non-profit agencies.
The Marketing Manager will work with a team of dynamic and highly creative professionals, with a focus on project pursuits, client communications, and collaborative engagement. As a full-time member of the Marketing Team, this person will be responsible for managing the proposal process, developing interview presentations, coordinating awards submissions, aligning messaging across all communications platforms to our brand, and communicating with leaders across the firm regarding market and project opportunities. The Marketing Manager must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of a fast-paced, energetic environment, sometimes under pressure. The ideal candidate is proactive, resourceful, and efficient and must maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The Marketing Manager must and have great written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail.
Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Responsible for managing all stages of the proposal development process, including preparing and developing content, graphic design, and layout; ensuring compliance with solicitation documents; editing; and producing final deliverables within required timeframes. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating all proposal materials (graphics, text, and consultant content) into a polished, client-ready package.
- Serving as a key member of the larger OJB marketing and business development team (Pursuit team), supporting firmwide marketing projects and efforts.
- Maintaining and developing new relationships with consultants, technical advisors, and other experts to assist the Pursuit Team in creating the most strategically positioned and technically competent team to win the work.
- Understanding the competitive environment as well as thoroughly researching the client groups to maximize project win potential.
- Participating in interview strategy and preparation meetings; preparing presentation and interview materials.
- Leading and serving in a quality control capacity during the preparation and review of proposal / interview materials developed by other team members.
- Creating or offering suggestions for persuasive, strategic, and effective messaging, converting text to images/diagrams that will resonate with clients and align with OJB’s brand.
- Writing new text and/or tailoring existing materials, which may include interviewing staff/technical experts, to incorporate win strategies into text, meet RFP requirements, and provide customized, compelling and effective RFP responses.
- Supporting lead tracking and marketing-related strategic decisions.
- Developing and maintaining effective positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, and other project team members.
- Coordinating, assembling, and preparing all documentation using Branding & Style Guidelines.
- Doing what needs to be done.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Graphic Design, Communications, Landscape Architecture, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years proposal and marketing experience in the disciplines of Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Interior Design or related field is REQUIRED.
- Highly proficient in Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of page layout and design standards (particularly for large text documents) with the ability to write in a variety of styles
- Proofreading, formatting, writing, and editing skills
- Willingness and confidence to offer opinions and direction to all levels within the Pursuit Team.
- Ability to use deductive reasoning and problem-solving skills to address challenges independently, while knowing when to get management-level advice.
- Excellent planning and organization skills needed to coordinate the activities of various team members while also holding team members accountable and prioritizing tasks.
At OJB, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. OJB believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
OJB Landscape Architecture offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- Optional participation in 401K retirement program
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and work samples in PDF format not exceeding 10mb in size to the following email address: email@example.com
Please note that resume submissions without work samples will not be considered. No phone calls, please.