The new 35-story Bank of America Tower was recently certified LEED V4 Platinum for Core and Shell by the U.S. Green Building Council. This is the nation’s first building to earn the certification. The building’s sustainable features include:
- a 24,000 SF sky park
- a 50,000-gallon rainwater collection system for reuse in landscape irrigation and restrooms;
- secured bicycle storage room with access to lockers and showers;
- one block proximity to three MetroRail stations;
- 90 percent access to daylight and views for tenants;
- a high-performance façade that significantly reduces solar heat gain;
- an energy recovery wheel to precondition fresh air intake; and
- district cooling to provide chilled water throughout the facility, which lowers cooling costs and offers unlimited service capacity to tenants.
Read more here.